Eastern Subterranean Termites are found throughout Pennsylvania, along with the northern half of the United States. Termites exist in every state except for Alaska, and they never stop eating. Subterranean termites are the most common type of termite problem. They take shelter below the home in the soil, traveling upward from their nest into the wood structure to feast.
Termites leave many signs of activity which can help identify an infestation and problem, including:
- Hollow, eaten out and damaged wood that resembles a honeycomb
- Discarded wings which are evidence of a termite swarm
- Tubs of mud the width of a drinking straw connecting them from the ground to their food source
- Wood flooring or steps with dark areas or blisters
- Droppings that look like mounds of pellets, similar to coffee grounds or sawdust indicates termite waste
Aaliant Pest Control has some of the strongest, most effective and advanced termite extermination, control, elimination and eradication products and methods available in the industry along with years of training and experience. Protect your home and investment from the threat of termites today!